Welcome to Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC)
ORIC USMS was established in 2016. The department remains involved in Research activities, ORIC USMS aims at motivating and facilitating the Academic Faculty to make research a top priority for sustainable economic growth and future knowledge economy. The department will provide strategic and operational support to the research activities /programs to university and academic faculty and it will have a central role in facilitating the outcome of the university/Faculty researches These researches will focus mainly on turning invention (pure knowledge) into innovation (products and production processes) that can ultimately impact the welfare of community welfare. Whereas, the primary function of the department includes:
- Supporting the strategic research directions and policies of the university
- Improving integration of research and education at all levels of the university
- Increasing and diversifying external research funding
- Improve recruitment and retention of the top faculty
- Translating research for the public's benefit
- Improving and strengthening university-industry relationships
- Promoting entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities which improve and support the economy
- Promoting and improve multi-disciplinary research initiatives
Our mission is to embrace areas of new knowledge through research activities and Skills. Pursuing solution would positively impact the economic and industrial operations. Developing models through research and skills that are suited to solving local problems and our community can be customized to the diverse knowledge bases and help in the human development of our nation. Bridging the gap between academia and the market/industry will be the forefront pursuit of ORIC USMS.
The objective is to develop, expand, enhance and manage the university research programs and to link research activities directly to the educational, social and economic priorities of the university and its broader community. The ORIC USMS is also responsible for assuring that the quality of research reflects the highest international standards and advances the stature of the university internationally.
ORIC-USMS shall guarantee that all research programs and policies reflect the core values of academic freedom, professional integrity and ethical conduct and full compliance with all policies, legal requirements and operational standards of the university.
In charge ORIC
Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization
University of Sufism and Modern Sciences, Bhitshah, Sindh, Pakistan
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com